2018 Fellowships in International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis Science Communication
Applications are currently been accepted for the 2018 International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis Science Communication Fellowship, eligible persons are welcome t apply for this program.
Value of Award: The fellowship covers the cost of travel to and from Vienna and the awardee’s home at the beginning and end of the fellowship, and a modest stipend to offset living expenses during the period of the fellowship.
Eligible Countries: Australia, Austria, Brazil, China, Egypt, Finland, Germany, India, Indonesia, Iran, Japan, Korea, Republic, Malaysia, Mexico, Netherlands the, Norway, Pakistan, Russia, South Africa, Sweden, Ukraine, UK, USA, Vietnam.
To Be Taken At (Country): Austria
- A Bachelor’s or equivalent degree in science or journalism, and/or current student or graduate of a science journalism program
- Applicants from all countries are welcome. However, IIASA gives priority to citizens or residents of countries in which IIASA has a National Member Organization. We encourage applications from developing countries.
- Experience writing about science for the general public, via blogs, newspapers, university web sites, or other outlets
- Experience with or interest in social media, video, photography, or other multimedia is a plus
- Written and oral fluency in English and proven ability to understand complex scientific research.
How to Apply: To apply, please email the following materials:
- Cover Letter
- One writing sample of no more than 800 words, about a scientific topic and aimed at a general audience. Examples: Article for a newspaper or magazine, blog post, op-ed
- One letter of recommendation
to Ms. Alia Harrison, Recruitment Coordinator, Human Resources Department,
International Institute for Applied Systems Analysis (IIASA),
Schlossplatz 1, A-2361 Laxenburg, Austria
Application Deadline: 11th January 2018
GET FREE SCHOLARSHIP ALERTS