Applications are invited for Ph.D. Scholarship Opportunity in Green Accounting for Domestic as well as International students to study in Australia. This is a 3-year Ph.D. program of research at the Hawkesbury Institute for the environment, investigating opportunities and benefits associated with urban tree and shrub plantings under future climates.
Eligible Nationalities: Applications are open to international candidates as well as Australian or New Zealand citizens or permanent residents of Australia.
Eligibility Criteria: Relevant professional experience in the broad area of horticulture, agriculture or forestry will be viewed favorably. As a minimum, the successful applicant should:
- Hold qualifications and experience equal to one of the following (i) an Australian First Class Bachelor (Honours) degree, (ii) coursework Masters with at least 25% research component, (iii) Research Masters degree, or (iv) equivalent overseas qualifications.
- Demonstrate research experience in ecological data analyses with a plant or invertebrate biology focus.
- Possess excellent written and verbal communication skills.
- Have relevant fieldwork experience.
- Be enthusiastic and highly motivated to undertake further study at an advanced level in laboratory and field environments.
- International applicants must also demonstrate a high-level of English language proficiency.
Method of Application:
- Contact Professor Sally Power (s.power-at-westernsydney.edu.au) to discuss your eligibility, the project requirements and your intention to apply.
- Complete the scholarship application form
- Compile your CV, contact information for two referees and a one-page proposal stating how your research interests align with the project aims.
- Ensure all documentation is certified according to Western Sydney University requirements.
- All applications and supporting documentation must be submitted directly to the Graduate Research School as follows:
- Use the email subject line: Application_2018_070_HIE
- Submit to scholarships-at-westernsydney.edu.au
- All attached documents must be submitted as PDF.
- In the body of your email, include your full name, your student ID (if you are a current or previous Western Sydney University student) and the full title of the scholarship/project.
Incomplete applications or applications that do not conform to the above requirements will not be considered.
Please contact the Graduate Research School via email at grs.scholarships-at-westernsydney.edu.au for more information.
Scholarship Application Deadline: March 18, 2018
GET FREE SCHOLARSHIP ALERTS