The Higher Education Authority is offering Employment-Based Postgraduate Scholarship Programme. Scholarships are available for suitably qualified individuals to take up an employment-based award to carry out research leading to a postgraduate qualification in any discipline, granted by an eligible HEI within Ireland.
Course Level: Scholarships are available for pursuing postgraduate programme.
Eligible Nationalities: Citizens of all nationalities are eligible to apply.
Eligibility Criteria: Scholars must fulfil the following criteria:
- Must not have applied more than once to the Scheme and at the time of application:
- Be a new entrant to the degree for which they are to receive Council
- Funding and have been formally accepted by the relevant department/school by, at the latest, 1 st October 2018; or
- Fulfil the criteria in Clause 4.5 if already registered and part of the degree has been completed. and in the case of
- Research Masters Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
- Degree Scholarships, not currently holding or having previously held any Council Postgraduate Scholarship other than those which would enable them to obtain a Research Masters Degree.
Scholars from any country may hold a Council Postgraduate Scholarship.
However, Scholars must:
- Maintain her/his principal residence in Ireland (as defined) during the period of the Scholarship.
- Satisfy the State’s regulations on immigration and have the support of their HEI and Employment Partner with respect to these regulations and requirements if not a national of a member state of the European Union (EU). This must be completed in advance of signing a contract with the IRC.
Method of Application:
Applications (including an academic supervisor, employment mentor and referee forms) will only be accepted through the online application system.
The mode of applying is online.
GET FREE SCHOLARSHIP ALERTS