Almost everybody wants to study in Berlin. This is because Berlin is the capital of Germany and Germany serves as Europe’s largest economy and the world’s fourth largest overall. It’s a major player in industry, engineering, science and renewable energy. Its also known for its rich culture, world famous festivals, beautiful landscape, and war-torn history. It also occupies such important point in the political, economic and cultural worlds. Germany which Berlin is the capital makes it a compelling and considerable study abroad destination.
Berlin has unparalleled experience in recreation and reinvention. It is also famous for attracting young people, free thinkers, visionaries, entrepreneurs, artists and scholars, and of the 3.5 million inhabitants, over one-third are from outside Germany.
As a study abroad student, you can look forward to world class experiences on a student budget, helpful government subsidiaries, fascinating classmates, easy connections for travel across Europe and a non-stop social life outside the classroom.
See more reasons why you should study in Berlin should be your next study in abroad destination.
- It is close to nature: it is one of the greenest cities in the world, a cosmopolitan city surrounded by forest, lakes, parks and rivers. If you like spending time outside and studying in the park other than the library, Berlin is your city.
- It’s a home for history Buff: Berlin is a fascinating place to live and study. The Holocaust memorial, East Side Gallery and Berlin wall are just a few of its famous attractions. You can even tour a nuclear bunker from the cold war or visit a German concentration camp near the city.
- The low cost of living: although, Berlin is located in Europe, it is among one of the least experience among its peers as compared to New york or London. It is said to be 5 times less expensive on average.
- It is the start-up capital of Europe: if you are interested in technology and entrepreneurship, Berlin is the best place for you. Even if you’re not a tech geek yourself, there is simply the benefit of being in a city with so much going on; events, networking, cool study and co-working sports, emerging trends and interesting people to befriend.
- It has endless travel opportunities: Berlin is well situated for exploring central and eastern Europe, as well as Germany itself. Prague is 5 hours by car, Krakow is 6, Warsaw 5.5 and flights to the rest of Europe can be for as little as 50-100 Euros round trip.
Students wanting to study in Berlin can work with the study abroad office at their home university or with external provider. In either case, study opportunities in Berlin will likely be concentrated on 3 major university; Freie Universitat Berlin, Humboldt Universitat zu Berlin and Technische Universitat Berlin.
- Freie Universitat Berlin: it is the largest of the major research universities in Berlin and is particularly strong in the arts, humanities and social sciences. Fu as it is usually called is ranked the 87th on the QS world university ranking and expects approximately one-third of its study body to come from overseas in the future making it especially friendly to international students.
- Humboldt Universistat zu Berlin: Humboldt Universitat is one of the oldest universities in Berlin offering opportunities to work with world renowned facility and participate in rigorous research programs. 10% of its students body comes from abroad and HU ranks 99th in the world according to THE Times Higher Education world University Ranking.
- Teschnische Universitat Berlin: TU Berlin is one of the most prestigious research institution in Germany, focusing primarily on technology, sciences and engineering. It is ranked 44th in the world for engineering and technology according to the Qs World University Rank.
Berlin is a perfect place of study for students with its affordable cost of living, strong academic institution, rich arts and culture, fascinating history, liberal atmosphere and legendary night life.
GET FREE SCHOLARSHIP ALERTS